Saturday, June 26, 2010

Homegrown

I have been wanting to attend farmers' markets for a while mainly because I want our family to reap the benefits of healthier and tastier food. Not only this, but we will be supporting local farmers and sustainable agriculture through the money we spend.

So...

Today we scheduled time and went to the Frisco Farmers' Market for the first time at 8am!! I woke up Michael this morning anxious to attend our first farmers market together, and what does he say..."Why do farmers markets start so early?" I laughed and agreed, although I was VERY exhausted since I had been awake with Stirling for an hour prior to waking Michael. We left the house just after 7am, which was exactly when we had planned to leave (I felt a sense of accomplishment as for it is difficult to leave on time to anything with a five-month-old).

After we had found shade to park, we proceeded to walk towards the farmers market with our reusable pink shopping bag (feminine style is as necessity when you are outnumbered by all the Shephard men!) At the market we found grass fed and grass finished meats (just what we had been looking for) fresh strawberrys, fresh peaches and shrimp scampi pasta(absolutely delicious). I was impressed with our selection, and we decided that would do until next weekend when we attend the Denton County Farmers' Market

We have been completely satisfied with the taste of the produce we have purchased at the farmers' market, and I cannot wait to attend farmers' markets on a regular basis! Maybe we will find an occasional creepy crawly in our cabbage... 

No comments:

Post a Comment