Saturday, November 20, 2010

Garage Sale

Since I got a new job and we are putting the house on the market soon, we decided to have a garage sale to get rid of the "things" that we do not need around the house. It has taken about two weeks to declutter most of the house and figure out what to sell and/or donate. In preparation for the sale, my friend Becca helped me declutter and motivate me to declutter (I am so thankful she was there to help me realize that I do not need so many "things" in my house and life). Finally it was time to prepare for the sale. I posted thrice on Craigslist about the sale and bought bright poster board to write garage sale and have arrows pointing in the sales direction (Michael did the poster prep) My friends even joined in on our sale with items and clothing and even toys they no longer needed. At last, Saturday morning was here and it was time to sell, sell, sell!  After about an hour or so, only a few people had come to the garage sale, but slowly we began to get customers and items began to sell! Five hours later the garage sale was complete.

We walked away 65 dollars richer and my friends 35 dollars richer AND donated the rest of our items to Denton County Friends of the Family.

I would say that the garage sale was a success and the house looks a million times better without so many "things"

No comments:

Post a Comment