Monday, July 26, 2010

6 Months and counting

STIRLING is SIX months old, and I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! A week ago our sweet baby boy turned 6 months and we are so very thankful for a healthy and handsome boy. 

Since Stirling is now six months, this means I have started to put him in cloth diapers. I wanted to cloth diaper him from day one, but I knew it would be too much for me to handle and told myself that at six months we would begin to cloth diaper throughout the night and then slowly go from there. So far he has slept two nights in his BumGenius 4.0 cloth diapers and I AM LOVING IT! Not only is Stirling now a night-time cloth diaper baby, we got him some babylegs because he is beginning to crawl! I remember seeing the babylegs when I was pregnant and thought they were such a great find, so I waited until now and splurged by buying two different designs (trains and union jack) 

Since Stirling is beginning to eat solid foods.. I started off this week with trying a pureed peach and breast milk... I thought it was a great idea BUT Stirling is not too fond of the peach... so now we are going to try the avocado again. Since I am making his food, naturally I need storage for his food! I have been doing loads and loads of research/ review reading and figured I would try the kinderville brand storage cups. I thought these looked awesome because of everyone's reviews and also because they are not plastic (trying to not support petroleum products as much as possible). I received them in the mail today!!! They are much bigger than I had expected, but I think I will enjoy using them. I also got these really nice little glass storage rectangles made by innobaby. I actually had no idea they would be glass, but I think I am going to have to splurge on buying more of these after my next paycheck, mainly because I love the locking lids! Last but not least, we finally found a store that sold Sophie the giraffe!!! Words cannot describe how hard I have been trying to find this 100% rubber teething giraffe for the baby! I just want to say that Baby Bliss in Southlake is one of the best stores I have been to in ages ( I have a weird obsession with wooden toys, and they had loads of them... SO EXCITED for when we can purchase some more wooden toys for Stirling!). 

Well, enough about my crazy money spending this past week, but I feel that Michael, Stirling and I will all benefit from these purchases. I cannot wait until Stirling starts crawling, but am not looking forward to rearranging everything in the living room to be baby safe.  

GOODNIGHT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment