Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Introducing Avocado, not Cereal

I know that many people have been trying to almost force me into introducing Stirling cereal, but something inside me just does not feel comfortable with this decision. I would much rather introduce our child to food that he can enjoy the taste rather than start him on something that  is practically tasteless. Stirling is still breast-fed,so I really see no need for the added nutrients that cereal has...

In all, introducing food to a baby within their first year is not for nutrition, it is for the simple introduction of textures, tastes, and smells of healthy food. In my opinion, this cannot be done if he is getting cereal.

After knowing what I wanted for Stirling, I decided to search for something that also agreed with my opinion and even educated me on how to introduce healthy foods within the first year without the use of cereal. I stumbled upon a book called, Baby-Led Weaning by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett.  I think this is a great start to the way we want Stirling to be introduced to food; I think I am going to be using my own variation of baby-led weaning, but I am excited to finally introduce food into Stirling's diet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment